Saturday, August 8, 2020

Pineapple Cream Pie

     The latest new recipe we tried for our 52 pie challenge was a hit. If you love pineapple it's certainly worth a try.

Pineapple Cream Pie

4 eggs (save three egg whites)

1 cup sugar

4 Tbsp cornstarch

½ cup cream

½ tsp salt

½ tsp. vanilla

1-1/4 cup crushed pineapple

2-½ cup milk (scalded)

Beat the three egg yolks and one whole egg. Add sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Mix well. Add cream, pineapple, and vanilla. Mix well. Add hot milk. Beat egg whites until stiff, then gently fold into pineapple mixture. Divide into two unbaked pie shells. Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes. Cool and then chill before serving.

5 comments:

  1. Ohh thank you, I am saving this for when my mum is allowed to visit again (lock down) I think we will both love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pineapple is my absolute favourite.. I must save and share... Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds (and looks!) delicious. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds heavenly. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.