I think positive thoughts have a lot to do with what kind of day you will have, and how much you will enjoy life!
I usually wake up with some kind of song in my head, and while singing the lyrics in my head (don't want to wake the children by actually singing) I roll over to check the time on the alarm clock. I spend the last few minutes before it's time to get up thinking about my day and having a little chat with my Heavenly father.
I have noticed the song I wake with seems to stick with me all day and will be sung, hummed, and whistled until the next day when I have a new one.
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
I love singing, but not in front of people. I wouldn't fake a sore throat though.
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
How can things get utterly lost in a not so big house? A book Sunbeam had been reading mysteriously disappeared. We've hunted high and low for it to no avail.
In opposite world, how do game and puzzle pieces keep appearing in the oddest places when I know we haven't played with said games or puzzles in quite a while?
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
I love, love, love jigsaw puzzles. I have always enjoyed word searches and fill-in puzzles as well. Sudoku is quite another story though. Gives me a headache trying to get all those numbers where they need to be.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
I think she wanted attention and traffic to her site.
In God's eyes men and women have equal worth, but their roles are different. I'm totally okay with that.
6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
Kumquats and coconuts.
Probably Alice. Her curiosity and how she enjoyed meeting new friends makes her relatable. It has been years since I read the book so I might not find her as fun if I were to read it again.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've been bitten by the gardening fever. All the seed catalogs that keep appearing makes me long for a huge garden like I used to have.