1. May is National Blood Pressure Month...what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked?
Bad drivers and the subject of politics both get it soaring. Being at home and not paying attention to politics works best at keeping me calm and happy. The last time I had my blood pressure checked was a little over a year ago.
2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100?
If I found $1 I would probably stuff it in my wallet and save until I had enough others to actually buy something.
$10 would be added to our grocery budget for some kind of food to enhance our menu, probably Portobello mushrooms and bell peppers.
$100 would go towards things for the children, like art supplies or other fun extras.
3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy?
I think they should let the consumers know what they are eating. I pay some attention to labels, but already have brands that I know I like so I don't spend a lot of time in stores reading everything before it lands in my cart.
4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.
I could use all four. Ever since I learned the alphabet at two years old I have been on a constant quest of learning. I'm hoping to be feeding my brain for the rest of my life.
Courage is something I feel needs to be renewed in me every so often. Things can look scary sometimes and I can't help but be concerned about what the future may hold and the things my children might be faced with. I am then reminded of who holds the future and cares even more for my children than I do, and with that I find renewed courage to face life with a smile.
Being a mother I need a heart soft enough to give my children all the love and attention they need and yet firm enough to help them grow a strong character.
A trip back home sounds so great. I haven't been able to visit my family in years. And even if I could it wouldn't really feel like home since they moved and with no memories attached to the place they live now it's hard to think of it as home.
I also don't like driving past the house where I grew up. The current owners have not been kind to it and it actually hurts to see it like it is now.
5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?
When ever we go on a trip, or even just part of a day I'm always so glad to get back home. To us it is the happiest place on earth and there is no place I would rather be.
6. Steak...yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where's a place you like to go to get a great steak?
No, thank you. I would much rather enjoy seafood or poultry or even liver. Steak is at the very bottom of the list of meats for me. I would rather skip meat altogether than have to eat steak.
7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?
The last time I was in a genuine hurry was one evening last week when we were going to see a spring program at our church.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
While we were getting ready to leave the house for that spring program I slipped into my shoe and felt a piercing pain in one of my toes. I quickly removed my foot and out tumbled a yellow jacket.
I have bad reactions to being stung and was concerned my evening was going to be ruined. I remembered how a few weeks ago a friend was here and had used Melaleuca oil on her son when he had been hurt.
After putting a few drops on the sting site, we left. In only a few minutes the pain was gone and there were no other reactions to having been stung.