1. Do you think the pandemic has had any kind of positive impact on your mental health? Explain.
It has helped me step away from social media, which I consider a positive thing. Facebook has become a tense, ugly place that I no longer find enjoyable. I unfollowed and snoozed a lot of people, but even after doing that I only spend a few minutes a day on there to see if my favorite people posted anything and check what's happening in the groups I like the best. I still make posts there every once in a while, mostly about happenings around the house that amused me, or a picture or two of what we've been up to.
Instagram, though much happier than Facebook, only gets a glance or two occasionally.
2. A hot mess, hot under the collar, in hot water, hot button, hot diggity dog!, hot shot, hot seat....choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently.
A hot mess ... well, I'm hoping we're this side of the hot mess, but yesterday we were in the thick of it where everything seemed to go wrong. Scary things, frustrating things, and simply annoying. Hot mess summed the day up nicely.
3. Speaking of the hot seat, do you work well under pressure or do you actively avoid high pressure situations?
It depends on what I'm doing. Certain deadlines make me focus and get things done. But other things such as cooking for guests while they are in the kitchen watching turns me into a bumbling, scatter brained, forget simple things, version of a cook. I love cooking, and enjoy having people over, but I prefer to have most of the food prepared before they get here.
4. Hotdogs-yay or nay? If you said yay how do you like yours? Did you know July is National hotdog month?
I like the occasional hot dog. I prefer mine with a slice of cheese and topped with sour cream. I had not known that July is National hotdog month, but now that I do I may have to find a way to celebrate. That could be a lot of fun!
5. I read here a list of America's coolest Southern towns. They are Marfa Texas, Greenville South Carolina, Abindgon Virginia, Athens Georgia, Bentonville Arkansas, Florence Alabama, Oxford Mississippi, Abita Springs Louisiana, Wilmington North Carolina, Monroeville Alabama, McMinnville Tennessee, Natchez Mississippi. How many on the list have you seen in person? Which town on the list would you most like to see?
I haven't been to any of those towns, but I wouldn't mind getting to explore Wilmington, North Carolina.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The sound of mourning doves cooing, especially during a dry spell, is one of the prettiest sounds of summer to me.