1. This is the 400th episode of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. I haven't participated in all of them but, that's a whole lot of Hodgepodging folks. 2000 questions if my math is right. So, what's something you feel like you do 400 times a week?
Taking things upstairs. It seems there's constantly something on the stairs waiting to be taken up the next time someone goes that way. I don't quite understand how it seems to be a never ending stream of things.
2. Tell us where you were and something about what your life looked like in the year 2000?
I was living on a dairy farm and trying to adjust to being a new mother. Those were sweet, yet at times overwhelmingly busy days.
3. Do you like cinnamon? What's something you make and enjoy that calls for cinnamon? Of the cinnamon 'foods' listed which is your favorite: red hot cinnamon candies, cinnamon toast, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon toast crunch cereal, apple cinnamon oatmeal, churros, an Indian curry?
Cinnamon rolls would be my favorite on the list. My mother-in-law used to make the best!
I don't care for the red hot cinnamon candies. The only reason we used to have them was to make cinnamon pickles. Those used to be a favorite, but it's been quite a few years since I last made them.
4. Does Christmas 2020 (or Hanukkah) look much like it has in years past, or is this year vastly different for you and your family? How so? How are you feeling about it all?
Christmas this year will look much like it has for the past 14 years. The only difference being, Kenneth is now married. He and Paige are planning on coming over though so we're looking forward to that.
5. What's one thing you need or want to do before this year ends?
I'm hoping to complete my 52 pies in 2020 challenge that I set for myself at the beginning of the year. I've made well over 52 pies this year, but not 52 different kinds yet.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Only our favorite festive snacks and treats were made this year. We've been enjoying them in these days leading up to Christmas.
The gifts have been wrapped, and everything seems to ready for Christmas with a little time to spare.
Merry Christmas everyone!