1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?
Distracted and frantic? Drawing a blank on that combination. However I have plenty of scatter brained moments that have me questioning if my brain is turning to mush. Like last week the girls caught me just before I did a load of laundry using mouthwash instead of laundry detergent. They thought it was totally hilarious, and I was left wondering how I ever got to a point like that.
2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going? Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?
I have never been to Mardi Gras, and so far have never been struck with the desire to go.
Of the three color choices, purple is most prevalent in my wardrobe, and since there are several rooms with marbled green walls I'll say green is the most prevalent in our home.
3. Are you old fashioned?
Yes and no. I love technology, enjoy trying new things that aren't old fashioned at all, but I still value the simple things in life, so maybe that makes me old fashioned.
4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?
For true vacations we have a general idea of where we want to go or what we want to do, but we're totally open to stop and explore anything that catches our fancy along the way.
Our last "real"
vacation was eight years ago. Our getaways the last several years have been enjoyable, but all involved visiting friends.
5. March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?
A cheese sauce that is great spooned over eggs, meat, and potatoes. Preferably for breakfast.
6. What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?
I get tears way, way, way too easily. When something moves me such as when we sing "How Deep the Father's Love for Us"
at church. Anytime something is sweet or touching. For example: Several weeks ago LV and I were doing our weekly grocery run, which just happened to be the evening before a big snowstorm was predicted. Checkout lines were backed up ridiculously far. As we made our way slowly toward the front of the line we were talking and LV started telling me about an interview he had heard on the radio at work. Someone had interviewed an elderly widow about her secrets to a long happy marriage. She shared a story about how her husband had this one same joke he liked to tell all the years of their marriage, the first time she heard it she had to laugh, because it was funny.
I was expecting to hear how she got sick and tired of this joke, but instead LV shared how she said that every time her husband told this joke he always looked at her to see if she laughed, and she always laughed, and she could see it always pleased him that she still thought he was funny.
As LV shared that I had to blink back the tears. I didn't want to be standing in a grocery checkout lane with tears streaming down my face, just because I thought this lady had been so sweet to her husband.
7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?
If I could own any sports team I would want to own the Pittsburgh Steelers ....... need I say more?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Buddy discovered he has pockets. On a scale of one to ten on my favorite discoveries he has made, this has got to be a ten. No mess, and delightfully quiet!