Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Not Everything Got Checked

     My week is full. I went ahead and made a to-do list for each day of the week, dividing things up in what I hoped were manageable expectations.

    Yesterday I got all but one item checked off my list for the day. 


    I shared a little about my day on Facebook, and decided to share it here as well.

    My to-do list for the day was extra long, and when an annoying fly decided to join our day, I didn't take the time to pursue it. (It wasn't on the list, ya know.)
    Steven armed himself with a fly swatter and went on a merry chase from room to room. Rarely has a fly been bigger, noisier, or more restless, Although many attempts were made at getting rid of the thing, they were all fruitless.
    Task after task was checked off my list. The windows were washed so that it looked as if they were missing glass. I admired how clean and clear they were, and proceeded to other things.
    A triumphant exclamation arose from the living room, and Steven rallied forth, pleased to have finally put an end to the annoying fly that had managed to evade him for so long. .
    There on my clean window was the biggest, grossest splotch I have seen in a long time. What could I do? Thank him for using his fly swatter skills and then go dig out my window cleaning supplies and wash the window again.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he killed the fly. thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile, because I can relate to things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the back of my mind as soon as you said how clean the windows were I just knew what was coming. After all, I have also raised two boys! :-)
    Take care and don't overdo this week.
    By the way, I make lists too. It's the only way I remember everything I need to get done.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are so productive. I really need to clean my windows. I will get it done one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From another list maker, well done on your achievement and I did laugh over the mess on the window sadly I saw that one coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've given up on swatting flies. We occasionally get some in the house that sound as if they are as big as Pegasus, but they vanish when I start waving the fly swatter. Now, I just sit the thing on a chair and whenever I hear a fly I swish the swatter once or twice, and that seems to chase them a way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.