Monday, August 3, 2020

Currently

Reading ... this morning I needed a few Psalms.

The most recent fiction book I read was Star of Persia : Esther's story. I quite enjoyed it. I'm usually not the biggest fan of retellings of stories about Bible characters, but I thought this was really well done. I enjoyed it enough that I requested more books by this author.

In non-fiction I have a stack of cookbooks that I'm enjoying.

Watching ... the most recent movie we watched was War Room. I had  heard so much about it. I liked it, even though it wasn't quite as I had expected. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something encouraging to watch.

Listening ... to the sound of Sharon thumping and bumping around in her bedroom. She decided she wanted to "spring clean" it this afternoon.

Thinking ... that kindness should never ever go out of style. 

 Wearing ... a comfy green polka dot dress that will need a little help after the next time I do the laundry.

Baking ... later this week I'll be baking several kinds of pie. With everything that happened this year I have gone from 52 weeks of pie, to simply 52 different kinds of pie. I'm halfway to my goal, and I'm fully expecting to meet it by the end of the year. 

Cooking ... tonight I'm making roasted potatoes, tuna patties, and a salad with homemade dressing. I've been craving potato leek soup a lot. I went ahead and made it last week one evening, and would love to have it again tonight. For the sake of the rest of the family I won't make it two weeks in a row.

Cleaning ... I want to tackle the store room again this week. Apparently everyone has been plopping things in there all helter skelter, which means it's time to organize again.

Playing ... this weekend included Phase 10, Rummikub, and Hoagie. It was a lot of fun. Steven absolutely loves Hoagie so I played it with him quite a few times. He's at the age and ability where I no longer try to not be competitive. Makes game time more fun! 

Loving ... the cooler temperature we have today. It made marching around the yard with the lawn mower so much more enjoyable.

9 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your currently posts. We had a bit cooler temperatures too. It was 102 on Friday but "only" 85 today. It felt wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 100º weather is uncomfortable! Glad you're getting a break from it.

      Delete
  2. We straightened out the pantry some time back, and things have crept back in there and made a mess! It looked darned good when we finished, but it certainly doesn't look that nice now! (3/27/2018) I'm afraid it's time to have another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it wasn't so hard to keep things nicely organized.

      Delete
  3. Oh my word, glad its not just my pantry and cupboards that get things all helter skelter. I enjoyed War Room too. We did the Bible Study that went with it for our Woman's Class. Your family is lucky to get 52 pies. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Bible study to go with this movie sounds great!

      Delete
  4. Loved reading this; these posts are always interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.