Wednesday, April 15, 2020
I would be a 1 on that scale. I have zero desire to sing in front of a crowd. I've never done karaoke, but I have participated in a special at church. That was a once in a lifetime experience.
If I had to perform karaoke I would probably choose to sing Forever by The Afters.
2. How do you listen to music these days? Favorite app or do you listen the old fashioned way? Do you have music playing often in your home? Is there still a CD player in your car?
I have the bluetooth speaker that used to belong to my brother Mahlon. I usually listen to music from Youtube with it. We don't even have a radio at our house, but we have music playing often. I think we have a CD player in our vehicle, but I haven't actually checked. We never use it though, as you probably guessed since I'm not 100% sure if it exists.
3. The Hodgepodge lands on US tax day this year. Or what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was canceled, delayed, postponed or extended. FYI- filing your taxes has not been canceled, only delayed for a bit.
Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately?
I have found it taxing to not be able to get everything on my grocery list from one store. I will only go out for groceries once a week, so if after checking several stores and not being able to get what I thought I needed, I find that what I thought I needed can wait for another week while I get creative in ways to make doing without, doable.
4. You’re without power so no oven, and you can’t open your refrigerator or freezer in order to keep what’s in there from spoiling. And you don’t have access to take out. What will you make us for dinner?
That would be a challenge for me since I have an electric stove, so I couldn't make anything hot. There's always the option of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a side of pork and beans.
I think I'll skip that meal, and now I should go reassess my options, because I'm sure one day I'll have to get creative like that, and I have no desire to eat what I just mentioned.
5. I’ve seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the Hodgepodge...what are five things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don’t care for?
Peanut butter in baked things. Just no!
Steak. Another hard pass.
The beach. I won't go into all the whys of that, but it is not a place I would choose to go for a vacation. I've been to the beach several times. I like it less each time.
Selfies. More like self inflicted torture. I don't enjoy being in front of a camera.
Makeup. I can't stand how it feels. Even though the mirror may say I'm prettier, my skin is there yelling. "Wipe it off! Wipe it off! There's something on your face. It's gross, It's awful. Wipe it off!"
Maybe I was too old by the time I first tried to use make up that makes I can't stand it. I've done it myself. Had someone else do it. Allowed my girls to give me a makeover. It's all the same whether it's done professionally or not. I can't stand wearing it, and so I don't.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I've been enjoying seeing the baby calves that are making their appearance. A sure sign of spring here on the farm.