Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond
 
1. January is National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience?

I've never had an official mentor, but there have been people in my life that have helped me in a mentoring type of way.

I've never claimed the title of being a mentor either, though I have shared, encouraged, and helped many people who have come to me for advice and help.

2. What current trend makes no sense to you?

Man buns is the first trend that pops in my mind when it comes to being something that doesn't make any sense to me. I can't tell how often I envisioned the satisfying snip, snip of a pair of scissors when I see a man bun.

3. I saw a cartoon on facebook highlighting a few 'weird' things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. (Credit for the cartoon goes here) Of the 'weird' things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more 'weird' thing you'd add to the list?

Of the things on the list, a nice pen makes me the happiest.

I've never understood why anyone would prefer the corner brownie. Cleaning the dryer lint screen always makes me more sad than happy, as I try not to think how much the things wore out while drying.

Something not on the list that makes me happy is kneading bread dough. Somehow it's relaxing and satisfying to me.

4. What's the last good thing you ate?

The last good thing I ate was a twice baked loaded potato casserole that the girls prepared for lunch today.

5. Describe life in your 20's in one sentence.

I don't see how I can possibly describe my twenties in only one sentence since there were SO many changes and events and life lived.

Marriage, babies, faith, and more all contributed to a lot of growth during my twenties.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

The reason the girls were the ones making lunch today was because I was at the dentist again. I had broken a tooth last week and today was my second appointment which unfortunately was still not my last.

9 comments:

  1. So sorry for your dental woes. Hope all is mended soon. Your lunch sounds yummy though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your tooth, but how wonderful to have such capable girls to make lunch while you were taking care of it. I agree on the “man buns”.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hate going to the dentist. I hope you get it all fuxed quickly. Just by the namevthat casserole sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to agree with you on the man buns! That is the dumbest fad.

    The Squire and I have been mentors to several young people. Both his godson and mine have spent time with us, just soaking up life skills and I've taught sewing and cooking to several young ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found it hard to believe people would want to buy jeans purposely looking worn out and with holes in them. It's been a lengthy fad though, and I saw a pair with plenty of holes in the front legs on display in a mall window just the other day. In winter, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better after your trip to the dentist. Lunch sounded delicious and always a treat to have it made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer with the dentist. I hope they were able to take care of you. That lunch sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your newsletter and emails very much. I also hate man buns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a man bun is better than untidy locks. Just think how hair fashions have changed over the centuries, even since your first European settlers,let alone before..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.