Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond
 
1. Speaking of endings....at your wit's end, at loose ends, a dead end, burn the candle at both ends, all's well that end's well, or no end in sight...which 'end' phrase might best be applied to your life lately? Explain.

Burn the candle at both ends.

Early mornings, and late nights and still not enough time to get everything done.
 
2. What was a must have accessory when you were growing up? Did you own one? If so tell us what you remember about it.

I have no idea what any must have accessories were during my growing up years. I was peacefully unaffected by trends, fads, and must haves.  One of the perks of being Amish.

3. Something that made you smile yesterday?

My children make me smile every single day.

4. January 30th is National Croissant Day. Do you like croissants? Sweet or savory? We're having chicken salad for lunch...would you rather have yours served on a croissant, a wrap, a bagel, bread, or a roll of some sort?

I like croissants, both sweet and savory, but the savory probably a little more.

Chicken salad on a Parker House roll is one of my favorite ways to eat it.

5. Sum up your January in fifteen words or less.

A long month, multiple dental appointments, cold, warm, muddy, and busy.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

There's a 1,500 piece puzzle spread out on our school table by an overly ambitious daughter who thought she could complete it in one evening. As it turns out she couldn't which has made school time interesting this morning as we found other places to sit. The kitchen table, curled up on the sofa, and sprawled out on the living room floor.

On the schedule for this afternoon, get the puzzle completed. Change is okay once in a while, but we all like school in our school room best.

9 comments:

  1. A 1,500 piece puzzle in an evening? Even with 'God's speed" I don't think that would be possible. I love jigsaw puzzles, but it always takes me several afternoons and evenings to get on finished, and I don't go above 1,000 pieces. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 1500 piece puzzle!! That's what I call ambitious! Good luck and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE puzzles! I had one I worked on for two months following an arm fracture. Oddly relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom would attempt and probably succeed at that puzzle in one evening. She loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't put a puzzle together in years. Sounds like fun...and a great winter activity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working puzzles were always a Christmas tradition in our family and I do so miss that. It is such a sweet interactive family time. Hope it gets finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burn the candle at both ends - I'm with you there.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love puzzles and find that I get obsessed with finding that one missing piece. Haven't started one in years due to limited space, but I think i'll get one going for our next family gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We went to a neighbor's house for dinner the other night and she had a puzzle set up. Made me want to get one out here too, so maybe we'll do that soon. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.