Wednesday, December 13, 2017
I don't really have a strategy for that. I have plenty I want to do, but I'm not getting stressed about it.
2. Do you have a list of to-dos that need accomplishing in order to prepare your home and/or property for the winter season? What are some of the jobs on your list? Are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone to accomplish these tasks?
Winter is here already and everything is blanketed in a layer of white. Our preparations had been done for a while already. We don't have a big list of things that we do to prepare for winter. Mostly just make firewood, buy coal, and bring in the wind chimes.
We are a do it yourself family. It's been years since we hired anyone to do anything for us. The last time was in Missouri when we hired someone to fix our stove while LV was gone for a week at a time working, and I couldn't fix it on my own.
3. According to dietitians surveyed, the most popular health foods for 2018 will be -turmeric, sprouted foods (bean sprouts, breads with sprouted grains, etc), veggies in place of grains, dairy free milk, and pulses (lentils, chickpeas, etc). What's the first thought that ran through your head when you read this list? Of the foods listed which one might you add to your regular diet? Also, can milk really be dairy free? Is it still milk?
It doesn't sound very appetizing to me, though I do love sprouts. My mother used to keep them on hand during the winter months so we have something fresh to eat year round. I have no desire to eat bread made with sprouted grains ... and dairy free milk is simply a milk substitute to me.
4. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2018 is Ultra Violet. According to the Pantone site 'Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking pointing us to the future.' What say you? Do you like the color purple? Did you see the movie or read the book-ha!? Is purple a color you wear often? Describe for us one purple item in your home without using the word purple. If you were in charge of such things what color would you select for 2018?
I love the color purple! I Have not seen the movie or read the book. I do wear purple quite regularly. Other than clothes though not much else is that color in our house. One of the quilts I have has some in it, but it's not the main color. The only other thing would be the computer mouse pad and maybe a book cover or two. In fact book three in my series just happens to have some.
5. Favorite book read this year?
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. I don't know why I've never read it before, but I really enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of the Anne of Green Gables series.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The girls and I have been busy making Christmas snacks and treats. We're down to only three more things and we'll be done for this year. Today we'll be making the fruitcake! We made it all the way to day 45 once again. I'll be so glad to get it off the kitchen counter, but somehow I already know we'll be doing it again next year.