Wednesday, December 20, 2017
I haven't had any unexpected magic or delight this season, though I have been thoroughly enjoying it. The air of excitement and secrets, the making and wrapping of gifts, the evenings spent playing games, reading, and talking. The yummy treats we made and nibbled on. The music we've been listening to. The tree as it sparkles and glows in the corner of our living room. Watching our favorite Christmas movies, while eating popcorn and sipping hot chocolate. Sending and receiving Christmas cards. It's really been a delightful season so far!
2. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month?
My favorite type of holiday gathering is when all the family gets together for a Christmas meal. Cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents all together enjoying good food and fellowship. We won't be gathered that way this month. We haven't in quite a number of years. I could get sad about that, but since we have our own family I simply focus on it, and look forward to many years of enjoying time together over the holidays.
3. Time has named 'The Silence Breakers' (women who came forward with stories of harassment) 'person of the year' for 2017. Would you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title?
I won't go into too much on this subject, though it bothers me that it focuses only on women. There are a surprising amount of men that could step forward with their own #metoo stories, but don't.
4. How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate.
Our year was one with dizzying up and downs, surprise curve balls, and changes. Through it all though, God was our one constant. There are things that I wish would have been different, but also a lot that I'm thrilled about. I've learned to trust more, and to let go. I'm happy about that.
5. Bid farewell to 2017 in ten words or less.
You'll always be known as the year of plot twists.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We've been doing the 12 Days of Christmas once again, this year. We had a number of years break from it, but I'm glad we're doing it again. It is a lot of fun.