Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Wrapping Woes

Our Christmases may be far from fancy, but there is one thing we always like to do and that is wrapping each gift.

This year for the first time since I made this post seven years ago, I have had to buy wrapping paper.

The girls and I went to do our weekly grocery run, armed with a list that included some Christmas related items including wrapping paper. I was looking forward to being able to pick out some new pretty paper. Imagine my dismay as I surveyed the choices in front of me. Every last one of them was ugly!


I finally chose the least ugly of the choices. What's with all the black this year?!! What happened with cute? Or pretty? Full of holiday cheer?

8 comments:

  1. Black does seem to be a very odd colour for Christmas wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I use the comic section from the Sunday newspaper for wrapping paper and it is colorful and the kids love it. Beats black any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stocked up on paper years ago and haven't looked at it in the stores since then. I can't imagine why the designers of the paper thought black would be festive.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that black isn't very festive, but it's supposed to be "sophisticated". Gosh, don't you guys have any class at all? (Neither do I, when you come right down to it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful that I still have some Christmas wrapping paper leftover from years past. I'm sorry you couldn't find pretty wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check your local dollar store! The prices in the larger stores are ridiculous! If you have to buy "ugly" paper, at least it's only $1 a roll at a dollar store - great place to buy cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you by any chance have a small local newspaper that does its own printing? Years ago, I worked at one - and they'd sell the leftover ends of newsprint rolls very cheaply. It's just plain newsprint, and it was fun to decorate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh! Hopefully my supply from last year holds out! I might remember the home improvement store having some pretty stuff a few weeks ago though...? I hate it when current fads bump ALL other choices, even classic out! Why!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.