Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day. Did you see the movie? The sequels? In the second film, Doc takes Marty into the future to prevent Marty's future son from making a mistake. They leave 1985 and land on a 'skyway' on October 21st, 2015. So tell us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985?

I have never seen the movie or any of the sequels

The fall of 1985 was kind of a big deal for me. It was my first year in school. I both loved and hated it. Books and learning were great, but recess and being expected to run and play with all the other children was too much. I became an expert at slipping away and hiding until the bell rang.

2.  If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? The past?

I wouldn't want to travel to the future.

The past ..... yes, if it meant there was a way to undo some things.

3. We're not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the 80's film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015-flat screen TVs on the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and smart glasses (Google glass).  Do you worry technology is growing at a rate so fast we'll soon be unable to keep up with it's demands? Do you think the Internet does more harm than good?

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about technology and even less worrying about it.

Whether or not the Internet does more harm than good I think depends a lot on what you do with it. As a family we have benefited from having the Internet.

4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker? Your favorite fast food?

It's a toss up between cheesy potatoes and Swedish meatballs.

I mostly use my slow cooker to cook chicken to be used in other things such as chicken and dumplings.

I can't remember the last time we had fast food.
5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in the nick of time, make time, mark time, or just in time...which timely saying most relates to your life right now?

Down time .... what's that? It's been ages since I got to truly experience any down time.

Pressed for time seems to apply best to my life. There is so much I want to get accomplished every day, and there seems to never be enough time to get everything done.

6. Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that's no longer there or is now something else. How does that make you feel?

There used to be a little grocery store/ gas station in the middle of our little village. It was run by an old man. He had several rooms in the back where he lived so he was always there to take care of and help anyone that stopped in.

When he passed away his children didn't want to know anything about the store and it got torn down. All that remains at the site is a few trees.

7. Describe your comfort zone.

Home. Or is that too simple?

I'm somewhat of an introvert. I like people, but one on one time is so much better than large groups.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I love waking up to a hard frost. So pretty!

 
 

13 comments:

  1. I loved your memory of the little store run by the old man. Now people just run down to Wal-mart! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on number 7. No, it isn't too simple, home is my favorite place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home is definitely not too simple! It's a great place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that #6 is so sad! Home is my comfort zone too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite slow cooker meal is lasagne. I can put it together Saturday night, turn it on Sunday before we leave for church, and it is ready when we get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think home is a perfectly acceptable answer! Home is where the heart is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers! I liked hearing about the man in your town with the store. We had a lady like that when I grew up. Now her little store is gone too. And to me, there really is no place like home.
    Blessings,
    Betsy
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think home is too simple of an answer. It's exactly where I'm most comfortable too, especially if I'm there with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're moving to a tiny town with several 'mom and pop' type places. We've had so much fun interacting with the owners at a couple of them. They remember our name, have great stories, and don't seem stressed about an awful lot. I think almost everyone has said home in some form or another. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Recess and running and playing were not my favorite parts of school either!
    Apparently everyone things "home is where the heart is" today. I happen to agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Home, is never too simple! It truly is the best place, especially if it is filled with love and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our little town has suffered the loss of buildings and businesses right and left. Not much left. We still have a few characters - I love characters - around. One runs a "variety" store. Her mother started it well over 50 yrs ago and also filled out by hand the water bills and we paid the bills in her shop. Kids would go there to buy presents for friends or family and Marie would wrap them at no cost. When my husband and I were dating there was a little restaurant, sort of , in the back of her building. They had sinks, regular oven, crock pots, and a pie table - no fryers or grills. No prices either!! Everyone knew about what she charged for a meal. She declared she was going to fatten me up!!! I did that just fine on my own, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.