Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What's something that has recently 'tried your patience'?

Standing in line at the grocery checkout. With more than a dozen lanes that could be in use it is frustrating when only three or four are open and each one backed up way too far to be healthy for the amount of patience I possess.

2. Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow? On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you? (1=I blow up at the drop of a hat and 10=I've got all the time in the world).

I think some people have an easier time being patient than others, but I also think it is something you can learn as you grow. I know I have become more patient than I used to be.

On the scale of 1-10 I'm probably around a seven or eight.

3. Share about a time when you felt like you could fly. Or a time you wished you could fly. Or a time you felt like you were flying.

When I was younger, watching an eagle or a hawk flying effortlessly through the sky always made me wish I could do the same.

4. Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way?

I'll Fly Away

5. What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year?

Nothing is in my fall picnic basket. It's too cold for me to even think about sitting outside to eat. I must admit I love having that as an excuse to stay indoors. Picnics aren't my thing.

6.  Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping...which skill would you most like to possess and how would you put that skill to use today?

I think landscaping could be very enjoyable and satisfying, but of those the one I would like to use today is plumbing. Someone did some plumbing for us recently and did a perfectly horrible job. We'll have to get it redone, this time by someone who knows what they're doing.

7. What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately?

Brisket, lamb, and other choice cuts of meat.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day on Sunday so we decided it would be a good time to go visit the Flight 93 Memorial. Hundreds upon hundreds of other people had the same idea. The place was packed which made a somber place feel almost suffocating.

7 comments:

  1. I think we all get more patient as we get older, especially if we have children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree meat prices are insane!! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your answers MaryAnn. We seem to think a lot alike. I immediately thought of "I'll fly away" and I very much enjoyed watching an eagle soar over my head one morning last week. I just stopped what I was doing and watched it for quite a few minutes. Majestic was the only word I could think of.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meat prices are crazy. But so are milk and eggs around here recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first became a Christian I was told - with a smile - by more than one person not to pray for something like patience because I might get that prayer answered. Romans 5:3,4 " And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also; knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience, and experience, hope."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long lines at the grocery, pricey meats, and an empty picnic basket... Could there be a connection? hehe jk, jk

    Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.