It didn't feel like a bonus day to me at all. If it were up to me we would have had two Sundays in a row. Now that would have felt like a bonus day.
2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.
Our children. It doesn't seem that long ago when I was holding them in my arms for the first time, and now our oldest is preparing to take his driving test.
3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?
We wait a long time before we see any movies. Most of the time the hype has long passed before we ever get to see them. For example we saw Frozen for the first time several weeks ago. What a snoozer. Certainly not worth all the praise we heard about it.
We didn't watch the Oscars and haven't seen any of the nominated films.
4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.
We had overnight house guests a week and a half ago.
I don't really have tips to share on how to be a good houseguest. I want to have our home be welcoming, comfortable, and a happy place for them to enjoy their visit.
5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?
I will not be celebrating. I don't like peanut butter in candy or any desserts. The only way I like peanut butter is prepared as Amish Church peanut butter.
6. Why is failure important? Or isn't it?
I don't think failure is important. What is important is our reaction and how we pick up and move on after experiencing failure.
7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar.
On our calendar for March, the girls and I will be making a Busy Book and for new food .... we will be trying our hand at making baklava.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We recently went to see the Flight 93 memorial again. It is nicer every time we go, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will be when the vision for the site is completed.
The visitors center / museum is informative, interesting, and ever so sobering.
The wall of names of all those who lost their lives on that awful day.
I didn't watch the Oscars. I would love to see the Flight 93 Memorial.ReplyDelete
I'm sure that was a very moving memorial to see up close and personal...the list of names if very daunting. I agree with you about "Frozen"...I fell asleep during it.ReplyDelete
Living in Wisconsin, a movie titled Frozen would be the last thing I'd want to see. I agree with your assessment of failure. The Flight 93 memorial sounds interesting and sobering.ReplyDelete
Just reading the quote on the memorial plaque makes my stomach feel knotty. I'd love to try bacclava. I think patience is the key : )ReplyDelete
I like that idea... two Sundays!! The memorial sounds like a moving worthwhile experience. Have a good week.ReplyDelete
I picked your sight up from Simply Linda--your answers are quite different. I am intrigued---is it because of your different background? Will come back to see if I can come up with an answer.ReplyDelete
nice random thought.ReplyDelete
I very rarely watch movies. Never, ever watch award shows. So the Oscars held no interest for me. However, I love peanut butter in almost every form. And I agree with your assessment on failure completely. I would like to visit the memorial but don't know when I'll ever be in that area. And we had an overnight houseguest this past weekend. A missionary from Voice of the Martyrs stayed with us while he gave talks around our area. Thank you for sharing with us.ReplyDelete
I often joke that I haven't seen movies since they started making talkies. I honestly can't remember that last one I saw.ReplyDelete
I really like peanut butter, and will sometimes eat it directly from the jar! Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are good, and good for you. Peanut butter is high in protein, and bananas are packed with potassium and other "good stuff". I'll often make one to eat for breakfast as I drive to work. And I agree about having an extra Sunday. (If we can work in out, an extra week between Thanksgiving and Christmas would be nice, too.)