Wednesday, March 25, 2015
We don't do much of anything for Easter in our home. I'm doubtful that we'll be doing anything this year, not even candy.
Easter used to be the most dreaded of holidays when I was a child and growing up. Starting on Good Friday and lasting until sundown on Easter Monday. It was a long drawn out solemn occasion. Friday was a day of fasting. Saturday was filled with preparations for Sunday and Monday which were two more days of not working and sitting around reading things like The Rules of a Godly Life and other spiritual material. It was always such a relief when life could go back to normal.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
I agree. Not sure I can put my thoughts on hope into words. I am really thankful for the living hope we have as a born again child of God.
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
Solid milk chocolate bunny: Yay
Cadbury Crème Eggs: Yay
Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs: Nay
Coconut Cream Eggs: Nay
The one I'd most like to have is probably the chocolate bunny.
4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'?
I can't remember the last time I had that feeling. It's been a long, long time. Probably back when we were Amish and I got to visit one of the big Amish stores in Indiana.
5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
I stay at home a lot. It doesn't bother me at all that I do. I don't really care if it bothers other people or not.
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
I'd like to go to Palm Springs CA.
I have visited the Palmetto State several times already.
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
If it were up to me a days would be much, much longer. There are never enough hours in a day for me. Life seems to be flying by at an alarming rate of speed, so yes, I would definitely lengthen days if I could.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow to schedule a surgery. Not looking forward to it at all.