Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hurried Plans ~ Part Three

That Sunday afternoon the bishop and his wife took us visiting different families in the community they thought we should meet. The children were getting tired and I was ready to tuck them in bed and rest for a while myself instead of going to visit yet more strangers.

It was a relief once it was finally bedtime and we all settled in. We both looked forward to be heading home the next morning. This community, we decided, though nothing really wrong with it was not the place for us. It simply felt all wrong.

The next morning as we loaded our suitcases back into the van I hoped we would have a safe trip back home. This driver was a little scary as he was constantly looking at LV while he talked and he talked nearly non-stop. But even worse was the way he drove down the ramps that lead to the four lane highways. Instead of being ready to yield if it was necessary he always floored it and we went rocketing out into the traffic where he would immediately step on his brakes and the whole van lurched until he found the proper speed. The simple fact that we weren't in an accident because of his driving was reason enough to be in a rejoicing mood when we got home still all safely in one piece.

The neighbor who had bought our farm had given us permission to stay living in the house until we found a place to move to, but we weren't enjoying the pressure we felt of finding a new church and not knowing where to look next. So we decided to look for a small acreage in the area instead and move there until we knew where we were supposed to go.
To be continued

6 comments:

  1. PHEW! I made it! I read your WHOLE blog. I have really enjoyed it and am now happy that I can follow along and comment in "real time" with everyone else. :)

    Can't wait to find out what happens to your family, and where you move.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an experience! I know that feeling well of seeing nothing wrong but still having that feeling that this choice is not for you...Good for you and LV for following your heart.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the pressure! Can't wait until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ridden with a few drivers like that one, but my rides were for free. I sure wouldn't like paying that guy for it. I think it's just better to drive yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you went with your instincts (despite the fact you then had the feeling of needing to find somewhere else, fast). And I've ridden with drivers like that... Not nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting on God is one of the hardest places to me. When all you hear is no, not this, or no, not that, the yes just seems to take forever. It is so good you and your hubby were able to support each other in these times of change. Cannot wait to see how God worked in your lives.
    Mrs. J.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.