Friday, May 20, 2011

Busy Days

There was so much to do after we got home from visiting the community we were planning to move to. My parents were having an auction to sell a lot of their things before they moved. LV and I sorted through a lot of our things and anything that we didn't want to take along when we moved we took over to be sold at the auction as well.

I wished my parents would wait to move until a few weeks later so that they would be there to help welcome their new grandchild.

The day of the auction arrived. It was cold and damp and even though it was held inside one of their big shop buildings I got tired of standing and watching everything sell. Besides, seeing people buy the sewing machine Mom used to use when I was growing up and the many pieces of furniture and things that had memories attached to them was too hard. I went into the house with Sailor and Rosy, Mom came in soon and we chatted until the auction was over and LV was ready to go home.

There was a lot of ice and snow on the ground so I carried Rosy out to the buggy, but before I reached it a certain patch of ice seemed to be a little more slippery than the rest and I ending up taking the worst tumble ever. Hardly able to walk at all I somehow managed to get on the buggy and home but instead of getting better from there I got worse and the remaining six weeks before Sunbeam was born were most miserable.

I didn't think I had time to lay around, especially since we were getting ready to move and had a lot of packing to do and I had hoped to be able to spend at least a few days at my parents house helping Mom pack up the last of their things before they left for their new home. I didn't have a choice though since I couldn't walk there wasn't anything I could do about it.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary Ann, I know all this happened years ago, but I still was so upset when you wrote about your fall, and the stress of the auction, etc. You really put me in the moment with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...that is too bad that you took such a hard fall! I have had a couple of those...and the timing never seems good...but somehow we recover! (:>)

    have a happy day!

    Thanks for your comment this morning.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear...I was afraid you'd be having your baby early! and what an upsetting time for you....as you watched bits of your life being auctioned away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a tumble on ice this past winter while holding both of my children (one in each arm). It was such a helpless feeling! And what a hard time for you to experience a physical setback while pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fall sounded really awful to have kept you from walking for weeks to come. What perfectly bad timing, but accidents happen when we least expect them. It's good to know you & Sunbeam are fine now though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been such a hard time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! That must have been quite a nasty fall!

    I can only imaggine how frustrating it must have been for you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought you were going to say you had your baby early. I'm sure that was rough having to go through that and being pregnant too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would have gone into the house too it must have been very painful to see all the things you grew up with going out the door. i too was caught up in the moment when you fell my first thought was I hope the bubs ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lucky the baby didn't come early with that terrible fall! It is hard to watch things disappear that you have sentimental attachment to. I can hardly wait to hear the next segment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.