Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What is something you'll never forget about the age you are right now?

Parenting a toddler and teen, and several more in between. It's challenging, it's fun, and I'm trying to treasure every day.

2. What's a household chore you've never done? How have you managed that???

I can't think of any household chores that I have never done. I can think of a few I wouldn't mind never having to do again, but that isn't the question this week.

3. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture? Explain?

I think it's a combination of both.

4. Friday (February 28th) is 'Something on a Stick Day'...funny because Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens recently sent me an idea for a question relating to this topic. What's your favorite food eaten on a stick?

Strawberry cheesecake popsicles from Schwann's. I haven't had any for years, and now I'm wondering if they still make them.

5. Which of your five senses do you treasure most, and why?

I have only four senses and I really wouldn't want to give any of them up. I think sight is the one I treasure the most, being unable to see would make me very sad.

6. What's the best music, theatre, or sporting venue you've been to? What made it great?

The only music anythings we have ever been to were church related. Never been to a theatre. The best sporting event was a Pirates baseball game which we really enjoyed even though they ended up losing quite badly.

7. It's the last week of the month...in five words or less bid adieu to your February.

Loved all the big snowstorms!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm really looking forward to the A-Z challenge that is coming up. With all the suggestions related to my chosen theme that came in, it looks like I'll be blogging for quite a while.

11 comments:

  1. I think you're the first person I've come across who, actually, enjoyed getting snow. After a day or two of it, I'm ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you have me curious. Which sense do you not have? I am guessing it's the sense of smell. My grandmother lost her smell in her later years and got by fine. I'm sure food lost some flavor and we made sure her smoke alarms were always working. Whatever is yours… CARRY ON! ( : Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about which sense you don't have too. I enjoy the snow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing you love snow storms, especially this year!

    I'll be looking forward to reading your A-Z posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a positive attitude about the snow. I'm really tired of it myself and very ready for spring and the renewing of the season to begin.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a positive attitude about the snow. I'm really tired of it myself and very ready for spring and the renewing of the season to begin.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed the snow too, and am also looking forward to the A-Z. I have a theme (still a bit vague, but I'm working on it) and now I need to get to writing! Enjoy your day : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strawberry cheesecake popsicle...sounds yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am curious about the missing sense and also guess smell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your answers, and also wonder what sense is missing, but it is really none of our business.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been reading blogs (or blogging myself) in ever so long, but I'm back at it and enjoyed reading your post. This has been a long winter, but I once read of a lady who wrote down the secrets to her contentment, and one of the things she wrote was to never complain about anything, not even the weather. I think about that all the time, and I TRY not to complain! There's actually something to be said for having an entire winter of white, instead of intermittent white with lots of dull brown and faded green. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.