Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1.What makes love last?

Off the top of my head I would say, always be more focused on what can I do for the other person rather than what they can do for me. Never holding a grudge. Enjoying all the little things in life, big things really don't happen that often, but when adding all the cherished little things you still end up with tons. Being each other's best friend.

2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?

I don't think I ever heard a song by the Beatles, at least not that I'm aware of.

3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?

I love the idea of Valentine's Day, but in reality it simply isn't a big deal for us. In the past we have gone out to eat, including last year's disastrous dinner. Chocolates were a staple every year since we first started dating, but this year we're opting to stay at home and simply cook one of our favorite meals, and maybe light a candle or two.

4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it?

Burger, please.  I like them well done, but not prepared on a grill.

5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying, 'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.'  Do you agree? Why or why not?

I agree. It takes a man of great character to make good choices when he is in a position where he can do what ever he wants to do.

6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)?  It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?

Pennies are somewhat of a nuisance, but at the same time I will still always pick them up if I see one on the ground. I would be a little sad to see them go away.

7.  Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?

No, I don't think it needs study. I do think it's sad how so many are wrapped up in fluff and nonsense, when there are so many better things they could be doing with their life.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Thank-you to everyone that shared suggestions on what to try to remove the stains on my quilt. I'll be trying everything until I find what ever does the trick.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers!! Please let us know which stain removal hint works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a nice way to spend Valentine's Day. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope something works on your quilt. Enjoy your Valentine Dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A candle light dinner sounds PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only like burgers on the grill : ) I love your answer to #5-so true! Enjoy your day and meal...we stay home and cook something special together too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.