- I have been a long time admirer of a nice Baked Alaska but so far have been much too intimidated to try making one.
- My housekeeping skills have evolved quite a bit. When I was nine I used to sweep all my dirt piles through a crack in the floor. Some how it didn't occur to me that it was all gathering in the basement and would be waiting for me to clean it up on the day that Mom caught me sweeping everything down that crack. Sweeping has never been the same since.
- Shortly after we were married my sis-in-law gave me a book to read that terrified me to the extent that every morning when we were done with the milking I would hurry to the house and run full speed through our dark basement and breathe a sigh of relief when I reached the pleasant safety of my kitchen.
- I really like vegetables of every kind, and I'm still trying to figure out what we did that makes that all three of our children would rather eat broccoli than sweets. I would like our next child to be the same way but since I don't know what I did the first three times I'm not sure how to go about it to get the same results.
- I detest hand sewing but dislike buttonholes made on a sewing machine even more. When ever a button hole is required I will somewhat patiently sit on my recliner and do it by hand.
- I have stacks and stacks of great breakfast type recipes that I would really like to try sometime. But I am a totally lazy cook when it comes to making breakfast and 99% of the time I make our regular eggs, coffee, and cereal.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Just for fun, today I am sharing little random bits about me that you may or may not know already.