Friday, March 11, 2022

Life - a Glimpse

 If I wouldn't return to any place where something embarrassing has happened to me, there wouldn't be many places left that I could go to.

Another place would have been added to that list this morning.

Everything was uneventful until it was time to get my coat and leave. I was holding my keys in my left hand and without thinking I tried to slide it into my left coat sleeve, only it got stuck midway.

I had my right hand posed ready to slip into my right sleeve. It grew a mind of its own and went plowing into its sleeve instead of helping my left out of the bind it was in. The situation became much worse when halfway into its sleeve one of my nails decided that now would be a good time to tear and catch on the seam.

So there I was, both arms stuck in awkward positions halfway into their respective sleeves, neither of them showing any inclination of releasing. I stood their flapping trying to free myself. The only thing missing from the scene were some seagull noises.

11 comments:

  1. Well. That certainly brightened up my afternoon. I'm sitting here with a grin stretched ear to ear, just imagining the sight. I'm sure I've done the same. Thank you for sharing this with us. It makes us realize that none of us are alone.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the quandary, my friend! I think we've all had our fair share of embarrassing moments.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that sounds like something I would do! I love the seagull reference. I do hope you were rescued quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, had a little giggle at the seagull reference, and hope you werent making seagull noises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This did bring a smile to my face. I have found myself in some not so good situations myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like something I might do. Thanks for the smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have been successful at ripping my coat lining so you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have been successful at ripping my coat lining so you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have been successful at ripping my coat lining so you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you got yourself out of it without tearing your coat, you did better than I would have.

    Sorry, but I had to laugh. Especially when you made the seagull comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once had to step out of a waist slip that had slipped down way past my knees, did other people around notice? I don't know I just picked it up, put it in my bag and walked on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.