Tuesday, March 8, 2022

In Aisle Two

     It seems every time I go grocery shopping there is something that happens that I can relate to the family at the dinner table that evening. 
    Today's little experience wasn't funny, embarrassing, or frustrating. Instead it was one of the sweetest moments I have ever experienced in a grocery store.
    I was rapidly checking things off my list, but as I turned the corner into aisle two, the scene in front of me made me stop and simply watch.
    A sweet, little, elderly lady was walking up the center of the aisle. She was holding her pink clutch in front of her like a bouquet, and walking in the slow measured steps of a bride walking down the aisle. The far away look in her eyes made it evident she was not seeing her actual surroundings. I wished I could see what she was seeing in her mind.
    She got to the end of the aisle and stood still for a few seconds and then returned to reality. Our eyes met and we smiled at each other. She walked away and I resumed my shopping.
    I felt as if I had just witnessed the most tenderly sweet moment.
    I've been thinking about it ever since. I'm thankful I got to witness it. It has stirred something deep inside that I can't quite explain.

5 comments:

  1. I would love to know what she was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story almost brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those unexpected, unpredicted moments that God gives us when we have the eyes to see and the presence of mind to stop, observe, and give thanks. What a precious moment you have described here in the continuing tales of Aisle Two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful. I agree with what Martha said. Thank you for sharing this sweet moment with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.