Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I decided to participate in the Wednesday Hodgepodge once again. So without further ado, here we go.

 1. Besides the predictable name-rank-serial number, what's something you know by heart?

Account numbers for various monthly bills, passwords, several phone numbers, a handful of addresses, a pile of songs, the cute little German prayer my Mom taught me as a wee child, the order of the colors in a rainbow, assorted passages of scripture, the times tables, the alphabet, a few favorite recipes, and more I'm sure if I took the time to think.

2. Something recently that had you tickled pink?

Getting to spend time with our grandson.

3. How do you define the word romantic, and are you one? 

To me being romantic is simply keeping the one you love in your thoughts so much that you're continually looking for ways to serve, care for, and do things they like. A gift or two here and there for an extra touch doesn't hurt. 

4. Finish this verse with your own original thought....'Roses are red, violets are blue...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm feeling blessed
I hope you are too

5. Five little things you are loving right now? 

1. My reading glasses - oops I just admitted to needing them, but they sure make things easier for me.
2. My favorite cozy blanket.
3. My favorite teapot.
4. Celery - random I know, but it's my favorite snack.
5. Flourishing houseplants.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Steven and I tried to build a snowman. We gave it our best effort, but the snow was not the right consistency so we ended up simply making a giant pile of snow instead.

I think he enjoyed it as much as he would have had we been able to build the snowman. It's the time we got to spend together that counts.

16 comments:

  1. I love your list of five little things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like celery too. ;-)

    A sweet random.. you are right, it is the time together that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our snow lately was not good for building a snowman. Spending time with grandkids is special. Nice simple pleasures. Happy Hodgpodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things that are embedded in my mind at all times. Bible verses are Important as are the Gospel songs that play in my head almost daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you are able to spend time with your grandbaby. That is special indeed, as is the time spent with Steven trying to build a snowman.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crunchiness of celery! Snow seems a long way away here in UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crunch of celery is satisfying! I'm looking forward to spring, so you not having snow sounds lovely to me. :)

      Delete
  7. Boa noite
    Passando por aqui para conhecer o seu blog, gostei muito, lugar encantador, ótimas respostas. Um forte abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your answer. Loved your poem,I hope one day I can have flourishing houseplants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree: it's the time together, and those little things done all year round to show people you care that really matter and show you love someone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.