Yesterday I learned some news that isn't mine to share at the moment.
2. Have you ever had a now or never moment? Elaborate.
Birthdays are special events in our family. The birthday child gets to choose the food for the day, and doesn't have to do any chores. There are gifts of course, and fun family activities of their choice as well as some we plan to surprise them. However we only do one "real" birthday party per child. This year was Sharon's actual party. It felt like a now or never event since she's right at the point where you can't exactly call her a child. (In the age sense of the word.)
3. April 25th is National Telephone Day. Do you still have a land line or have you gone mobile only? When you receive a text message do you respond immediately? Last time you turned your phone off? In two or three sentences share with us a story/memory/incident from your childhood (or something current if that's too hard) where the telephone is featured.
We still have a landline, though it seems to be used mostly as a means for telemarketers and scammers to try to get hold of us. I've been tempted numerous times to get rid of it, but most cell phones have no service at the house so we're keeping the landline.
I respond to text messages as soon as I see I have one.
I turn my cell phone off every night.
When my brother and I were three and five my Mom wanted to call her sister. Their phone was some distance from the house so she asked John to hold the receiver and listen for Aunt Emma to answer, and to call her once she did. She went to do something in the kitchen, after a few minutes Aunt Emma answered her phone and John bellowed "MOM!!!" into the receiver as loud as he could. He managed to scare poor Aunt Emma quite thoroughly.
4. Close call, at someone's beck and call, call the shots, call a meeting, call it quits, call in sick, call on the carpet, wake up call...which call have you 'heard' recently? Explain.
Close call ... A car load of teenagers had an ugly accident on the interstate just a little ahead of Kenneth as he was driving home from work. If he'd have been going just a little faster he would have been hit head on.
5. What subject do you wish you'd paid more attention to in school?
Probably math. I'm average at it, in that I know the basics very well, but when some of the fancier stuff comes into play I have to study up on it. It's still my least favorite subject, which makes me thankful for the high school program we use that tutors the children through the more painful side of math ie algebra, geometry, etc.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
What happens when I leave the computer with a partially finished blogpost left open?
Rosie Mae sits down and writes the random thought for me. I decided not to delete it even though it's out there. Life with her is never boring.
Birthday parties wear me out (they certainly aren't fashionable enough for me to wear outside, and unfortunately they still have the ability to wear me...out).
Now...let me proceed to tell you my darkest secrets...
- I married the wee lad that I used to hate.
- I secretly detest seafood but I'm too sophisticated to say so.
- My toenails grow so quickly that I must clip them each time I use the bathroom...excuse me, I meant the powder room.