Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. ASAP typically stands for 'as soon as possible'. What else could it stand for in your life right now?

As sweet as possible.

Our family is focusing on a Philippians 4:8 challenge again.  

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Our thoughts, our speech, filtering it all through that verse.
 
2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?

I am usually quiet when in a group setting. I don't know why that is, because anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I have plenty of opinions, and have no problem talking one on one.
 
3. What do you remember best about being 12? 

It was the best school year I had. Everything/everyone that used to bother me, no longer did.
 
4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you're stumped go here for inspiration. 

I'm not very familiar with those characters so I took the quiz. It decided I relate most to Kanga. I'll take it.
 
5. What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way? 

I don't have a phone ... therefore no apps. I am however, very thankful for Pinterest. I use it every day. Food, crafts, school, and more. It has made life easier, and better.
 
6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)...you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?

Probably a California option. I have a good friend living there and I've always wanted to visit California.
 
7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what? 

The other day I caught myself humming the tune to Twilight is Stealing. It made me feel nostalgic. It used to be my favorite song in school.
 
8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Some of the best things in life are ... good friends. We had a lovely time when friends from Missouri came to visit. When they left on Sunday evening we were sad to see them go, and are already looking forward to the next time we can get together.

12 comments:

  1. I was Kanga too. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pinterest, too...so many great recipes and craft ideas. It's like sensory overload, in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also Kanga.

    Being twelve wasn't too bad. I was still in boarding school, and loved it. Fifteen was a whole ballgame. I went to public school - with BOYS! - and didn't know how to act. Awful, awful, awful!

    I do have a cellphone, but I always joke that it's so old it still has a rotary dial. Some people don't know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a big friend of Pinterest, so many interesting things to see out there in the world. I have to be careful how much time I spend there, I can easily spend the entire day jumping around on Pinterest! I love the verse you are focusing on, If everyone focused on it we would have a much better world.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  5. What good answers! I enjoyed reading them. I don't have a cell phone either and have very few apps on my tablet. But Pinterest has definitely been helpful to me, also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good friends are great. I don't have apps on my phone because it was made before there were smart phones. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers! I love Pinterest as well. I have the app on my phone too but the photos are just too small for my eyes so I rarely use it...much rather see it on the big screen! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that verse. I think it is beautiful. I especially love the part, "whatsoever things are lovely". :)

    I have a thing called a "smart phone", but you know what it is to me? A camera. It doesn't matter to me if it ever rings for its entire existence, so long as it keeps letting me take pictures. :)

    Aww it is so hard to watch friends or family leave after a good visit. I remember crying when I'd have to leave my aunts' homes when I was a little girl. Some things you just want to last forever.

    I enjoyed your post. Have a blessed evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice answers !Ididn't find anything for ASAP !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to follow you on Pinterest. How can I find you there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love #1!! Might have to make that an intentional focus in our home, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.