Wednesday, December 14, 2016
A mix of both, I think. I'm not the most people-ish type of person. I usually get quiet and observe things from the sidelines when I'm in a group setting. I'd rather have some task to do, than have to mingle. But on the other hand I really enjoy talking/visiting one on one.
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.
I don't own any pearls.
Life is short, eternity is long. Keep your focus on what truly matters.
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
I have never even seen an oyster in real life.
I have no intentions of ever trying to eat one. The very idea seems unpleasant to me.
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
I would choose my widowed sister-in-law as Woman of the Year. Not only is she an incredibly strong woman, she has a heart of gold. I can't even begin to tell you all the ways she deserves to be recognized and honored.
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.
I have a scarf, that I never wear, in that color. I don't wear greens, not that I don't like the color .... the color doesn't seem to like me. Makes me look ill, which happens to not be a look I'm going for.
6. Today I've had too much________________________.
Today is only beginning and so far I've not had too much of anything.
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
Joy to the world, the Saviour reigns.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
December is always a really busy month for us. On top of all the Christmas related things that are going on there are a number of birthdays in our family as well. The one we celebrated most recently involved its traditional treasure hunt that Sailor started years ago when he struggled with spelling and his clues were easy to solve. This year's clues were much harder.
For example .... who gets this one?