Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P ~ Pen

I love pens if everything is perfect about them. They write nicely, they have their caps securely fasted to the end, and if they happen to have blue ink that's even better.

I have an aversion to pens that are missing their caps. I don't know where, when, why, or how that started, but it's kind of a big deal at our house.

The week after our wedding was announced in church we were busy with all the preparations. Part of those preparations included LV and I going to round up pretty dishes to be used to set the tables for our wedding reception.

Armed with a list of everything we needed we headed out to our family and friends to see what they could loan us. At each house as we packed up the dishes they were okay with having us use I would mark the number of each item down next to the list.

Somewhere along the line I lost my pen, and as we were packing up another set of beautiful china I wanted to note how many pieces there were on my list. LV, seeing that I had lost my pen, generously reached into his pocket and offered his to me to use.

It was all I could do to make myself reach out and take that pen. It didn't have a cap. It had been gnawed on by his Collie pup, and really it was the worst pen I ever saw. I still shudder when I think about it.

8 comments:

  1. I too have issues with pens that have no caps and for pencils with no erasers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind pens without caps but chewed up pens are not nice. I'll return to read the rest of your story once this crazy month is over.

    Josefine from
    Getting to the end

    ReplyDelete
  3. I generally use a fountain pen (I know, my kids once gave me a quill as a joke) and if somebody wants to borrow it, I always keep the cap. NOBOY puts an uncapped fountain pen in their pocket. And I'm left handed, which means very few people can even write with my pen, as it if "warped" to the way I write. And to fit my personality, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have come to love the clicker pens I get free at the bank. NO CAPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ALL stationery. The smell of new paper, card, pencils, crayons etc. is wonderful to me!
    I'm glad my husband not only understands my joy for stationery, he feels almost the same as me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.