Wednesday, November 27, 2013
I'm very happy with my life, I can't think of anything that I'm simply settling for.
2. It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
I feel sorry for all those who have to work on Thanksgiving. I don't think it's a good thing. I will not be part of the reason why someone else has to work on a holiday, I'll stay at home. If everyone would do the same no stores would have the reason for asking their employees to work instead of spending time with their family.
3. Speaking of shopping... I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-
New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul.
Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
I haven't been to any of those cities, but I would love to visit New York City someday.
4. When did you last dine by candlelight?
Several weeks ago the children decided they wanted to cook a meal for us and set the dining room table with our best dishes, and a nice arrangement of candles. It was by no means a five star meal, but I enjoyed it more than almost any other meal I've ever had.
5. What do you have too much of?
6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you seen the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire? No spoilers please!
I have not read the books or seen the movie, so I don't know if I would be a fan or not.
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what...especially the what! As in what's for dinner? If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!), then still tell us your plans for Thursday.
We will be at home alone. Don't feel sorry for us, we actually really enjoy spending holidays with just our family. We don't do turkey choosing to have a ham and this year also a rack of ribs. Several kinds of salad, sweet corn, dill bread, and regular homemade dinner rolls, potatoes, our traditional Thanksgiving pudding, several kinds of pie and some appetizers, and dips to enjoy later on.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Snow and ice make today a perfect day to stay inside. Who knows, I might even get some extra treats made for tomorrow.