Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Something I could do is sort and throw out a bunch of stuff in our store room and attic. I won't be doing that though because every time I have weeded out things that I thought we really don't need any longer I ended up regretting it later.
2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini? What's your peach pleasure?
We all love peach pie and peach cobbler. I'm hoping to get several bushels of peaches before long to freeze, can, and make jelly.
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.
I don't necessarily agree, unless exercising counts as something that scares me.
I do think it is a lot of fun trying out new things.
4. What's your favorite household chore? Yes-you have to name one.
Thinking about all the different household chores the one I enjoy the most is washing windows even though it doesn't happen very often.
5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:
Butterfly Beach in Santa Barbara CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.
Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots? If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose? Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
I haven't seen sunsets from any of those spots. If I could chose one of them to see this weekend I would want to go to Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ.
The prettiest sunsets I have ever seen used to be from the farm where we lived right after we got married. Watching the sun sink behind distant mountains was one of my favorite parts of the day.
6. What's your favorite or most used app? If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
I don't use any apps. My favorite website has got to be Pinterest.
7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
A joyful chaos of balancing work and fun.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Another busy day scheduled. Right now Rosebud is carefully counting out some quarters she wants to spend at a yard sale I promised I'd take her to.