Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What do you think makes a good dad?

To me a good dad is always ready to listen to his children. Loves working and playing with them. Is a good provider. He is a great example to them and is never too tired to help them out. Loves their mother.

2.  What's something you learned from your own father?

I learned that it's possible to treat people with kindness even when they don't seem to deserve it. Being a bit of a perfectionist he taught us to do our best in everything, but also showed us that it is okay when things don't always turn out the way you had hoped they would.

3. It's your birthday-what kind of cake will we be having?

Definitely chocolate.
 
4. When you're faced with a big decision are you more of a go with your gut type of person, or are you someone who reasons it all out, weighing the pros and cons?

Going with our gut has proved to be much more successful than the whole reason it out business.

5. June is National Dairy Month. What's your favorite dairy item? Most often purchased dairy item?

My favorite dairy item is cheese, and also happens to be the item purchased most often. Almost everything is better if there is cheese involved.

6. Explorer Jacques Cousteau was born on June 11, 1910....what's something you've recently discovered or something you'd like to explore?

On one of our evening walks I discovered some flowers I had never seen before. They're beautiful and I now I want to know what they are called.

7. Are you typical of your generation?

This is a little harder to answer. It's questions like this that remind how much I'm caught between two different worlds. Not being Amish any longer I don't qualify as typical for that generation, but because I still have Amish-ness stuck in me I also don't qualify as typical for the generation main stream America is experiencing.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Those minty cookies found a home when a friend spent the afternoon at our house and tasted one and thought it was delicious. Yay! That means our no sugar diet is already over.

4 comments:

  1. Your answer to #7 is what I would expect since you were raised Amish. I know that is a major difference. What I find interesting is that even though many of us were raised in mainstream America, when some of us became Christians a lot changed...hair for us women (I don't cut it anymore), manner of dress (no pants here), places we don't go anymore (movies and concerts), etc. We found ourselves suddenly but happily on the outside of the mainstream, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lesson from your Dad! Happy hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your answers and think we must me a lot alike. Chocolate and cheese. Oh yes please! :-)

    I also feel I don't fit in mainstream America. I wear dresses and a head-covering and this sets me apart from most, even when I would like to be able to relate to someone on a more personal basis. After all, I am still just me, a fairly non-threatening person.

    So glad your cookies found a new home.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree...nearly everything is improved when you add cheese : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.