Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hodgepodging Again

1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner?  Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service?  Eating too much chocolate?

I'll probably be cooking a dinner and enjoy some chocolate. I have several giant chocolate Easter eggs tucked in the back of one of our kitchen cabinets. I'm hoping to make those last for a long time. We won't be dyeing eggs this year or attending a sun rise service.

2.  What is something you feel too young to do?

I feel much too young to have a teenager.

3.  "Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..." Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?

Not trying to stir up a hornets nest, but I  actually prefer the King James Version.

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

The part I find hardest is not being easily provoked. I might not show it often, but I do have to deal with that type of feelings more often than I like.

4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?

Tulips and daffodils. We used to have them growing in our yard every spring and I loved them.

5.  Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?

I have never sung karaoke and even though I love singing I probably wouldn't even if I had the opportunity.

6. What is something you keep in a basket?

We keep napkins in a little red basket.

7.  When was the last time you felt foolish?

Other than this incident, I'm drawing a blank.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Winter is very reluctant to leave and I couldn't be happier. The rest of the family shares those feelings and the children especially are enjoying the heavy wet snow we have been getting the past several days and are building a house with it. This picture makes it look much smaller than what it really is.

2 comments:

  1. We use the King James translation of the Bible, too. I marvel at the beautiful way it's written and wouldn't use any other.
    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the KJV also. The word "love" often denotes romantic love. The word "charity" refers to our fellow man, including our spouse. Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.