Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?1. This week marks the beginning of
No, I'm not planning to give anything up or add anything. Instead we will be focusing on another item on our list of twelve monthly goals we made at the beginning of the year.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
I can't stand using syrup on pancakes. I prefer using sausage gravy on them, and if that isn't available I pretend a pancake is a piece of bread and eat it with an egg.
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love?
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
There are so many different ways to let others know you love them. To mention a few that come to mind right away are: cooking and baking, listening, forgiving, little acts of kindness.
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
I like red roses, but I really like the softness and warmth of pink roses. Given the choice of those three flowers I would choose a dozen red roses.
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
While I would enjoy touring the White House, I would really like to see Monticello. Virginia seems a lot more appealing to me than D.C.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Yes, I am.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just finished printing out coloring pages to go with A New Home for Lily for Sunbeam. If you haven't checked out The Adventures of Lily Lapp website yet, you may want to. Everything has been updated since book two has released. So many fun things to do there.