Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pineapple Fluff

With a can of crushed pineapples waiting patiently ever since our last weekly shopping trip I took a little time last evening to make one of our favorite desserts.

LV and I used to like it so well that we had it served at our wedding and there were only a few spoonful left over by the end of the day.

Pineapple Fluff

1 lb marshmallows
½ cup pineapple juice
1 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
1 Cool Whip
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup butter (softened)
2 Tbsp sugar

In the top of a double boiler over medium heat combine marshmallows and pineapple juice. Stir until melted. My double boiler isn't big enough so I improvised by using one of my bigger pots and a stainless steel mixing bowl. I filled the pot with hot water just deep enough so that it didn't touch the bottom of the mixing bowl. It worked great.

Once marshmallows have been melted set them aside to cool and in a separate bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar until you have nice uniform crumbs. Set aside.

Once marshmallows are cooled enough to have begun thickening slightly (about 15-20 minutes) Add Cool Whip and pineapples. Fold together. Now spread a little of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a bowl pour a layer of the pudding on top. Add another layer of crumbs and then the remaining pudding and then sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.


Serve and enjoy the delightfully fluffy melt in your mouth goodness.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a unique yet refreshing desert. I may try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I need to go shop for the ingredients and make it soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds yummy. I wonder if you could make it with whipped cream instead of Cool Whip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM - That sounds so good and perfect for spring/summer! What do you mean by the "pudding" - is that the Cool Whip/pineapple stuff layer? I have to try that - maybe I'll make it for Easter. Thanks ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pineapple and fluff in the same dessert? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious! I want to try! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.