Friday, November 25, 2011

Friends

We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday with a quiet day at home. We didn't have a turkey or a big extravagant meal. Other than our traditional Thanksgiving pudding the meal wasn't very Thanksgiving-y at all. But I'm not complaining about that. There will be other Thanksgivings in the years to come that we can make up for yesterday.

I could share a long list of blessings that were counted but I think I'll simply pick one and talk about it. Friends top my list of blessings. A person can never have too many friends and I consider myself very blessed indeed when it comes to friends.

First of all, I can call my Saviour, my friend. Without Him nothing else matters.

Next comes my husband. He's my best friend. He's everything and more than I had ever dreamed of.

Then there are those childhood best friends who know everything about you, the ones who stuck to our side no matter what happened. I will always be so grateful for those.

The friends that share our same views and values in life, the ones where you can sit comfortably and visit even if the windows aren't clean and there is a pair of dirty socks peeking out at you from under the sofa. The ones who don't mind all the odd little quirks about you.

The friends that you really don't know that well, but their smiles and brief conversations when you meet always leave you with a smile.

Then there are the friends that came as a result of this blog. A few that have become so close that it really feels as if we had known each other all our life.

When I think about friends there is one thing that comes to mind - the kind of friend I hope to be. One who is always ready to listen to what ever is being shared with out having a story to top or saying oh, I know exactly how you feel because I experienced so and so, something that isn't the same at all. One who knows when to simply listen and when to talk. I have been blessed with some friends like that and will always be grateful for their kind support.

There are so many different kinds of friends and I value all of them. And to all the readers of my blog, Thank-you for your friendship these past 2½ years!

12 comments:

  1. Very nice post, we should always be thankful for good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and thank YOU for sharing your life with us! It is a pleasure to "know" you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post. Glad you had a blessed holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and isn't it wonderful the different kinds of friends there are - that old saying that people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime, really is true. We're all thankful for you and yours and LV's stories, your home stories and recipes, and I am personally thankful that you've become such a sweet and special friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's the very best of thanks-giving, to which I can say but "Amen!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful post...with such a blessed meaning...friendship is a very wonderful gift and one to be very thankful for....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog entries are always such a blessing to me in one way or another! This was a sweet one...
    Al the best, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.