Saturday, November 5, 2011

Friday Night

I have not been taking very many pictures at all during these past few months but last night when LV and Sunbeam were saying their good-byes I happened to have the camera on the end table beside my chair.

And here it is. Sunbeam had fun picking out her own outfit including the little pink bracelet for her turn going out with her Daddy for a special night of father-daughter time.

She came home excited about the shopping they did, even though it was mostly grocery. And then every little detail of the meal they had shared right down to how swirly her ice cream was. She saved most of her drink to bring home so the others could enjoy it too.

Next week will be Rosebud's turn again. I think I'll have to take a picture of that too. These little moments pass so quickly and though I'm sure they will remember their special times with their Daddy I want more than just thought memories. I would give a lot to be able to have a picture of my Daddy and me together when I was a little girl!

12 comments:

  1. How precious! It's so nice that your girls have dates with their Daddy! It's a wonderful idea to document these little life events with photos and a little journaling. That's why I do scrapbooking...I want my children and grandchildren to see what they
    might...or might not...remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunbeam is adorable in her fur cuffs and collar! Thanks for sharing the picture. Have a great weekend. :

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you I have no pictures of me with my daddy. I wish I did too. Maybe we can imagine when we see a picture of a dad and daughter that it is us. I'm sure they cared for us.... but there are no pictures :( My heavenly father gives me love I can "know" so it's all ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so touching. It will be a lovely memory for your daughter as she grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that they have special days with their Dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweetie...
    A beautiful share. Just beautiful. What wonderful memories, and with the photo it gives Sunbeam a little bit more to remember as well.

    Look at her little face. Priceless as she smiles, and her Daddy's face looking at her is pretty Priceless as well. Captured beautifully sweetie.

    Hope you have a glorious weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those times are special to a little girl. Me and my dad were together a lot and all the memories are special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think children should be encouraged to journal at a very young age and as soon as they can handle a camera, have their own cheap camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so wonderful that LV does that with your children. Ours are both in collegeand my husband and I stil make it a point to go out to dinner and just spend time individually with each of our children a couple times per year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post! Sunbeam looks adorable in her little kitty jacket - love it! And you can tell Daddy is very proud of his daughter!
    Your post reminded me of a photo I have of my dad and me, so I found it and posted it on my Facebook. All I have now are sweet memories of him, so I treasure that photo.
    Happy Birthday to your aunt today! Hope she got my card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to run for hubby and show him the hat on LV. :) My hubby works/is a supervisor for TRU BALL!! Such a coincidence. Hoping your doing well. Bed rest can be most discouraging. I have been there with the twins pregnancy. And it was hard....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, I had thought I had changed my user name...I no longer am Pappa Swarey (dad), but Kristena Weaver ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.