Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Taco Ring

I enjoy trying new recipes and the one I tried tonight will definitely be going into the keeper file!
Taco Ring

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp water
4 Tbsp taco seasoning
1/2 pound ground beef

In a bowl combine meat, water, taco seasoning, and cheese. Mix well and form into 16 one inch balls and place on a baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 400.

Drain meatballs on paper towels. Reduce oven heat to 375. Now take two tubes of crescent rolls (8 oz each) unroll and separate into triangles.On a 14 inch pizza pan or a large foil lined cookie sheet (Spray with non stick spray) place triangles forming a ring with pointed ends facing outer edge of pan and wide ends overlapping. Lightly press wide ends together. place a meatball on the wide end of the triangle and fold point over and tuck under wide end of roll. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until rolls are a golden brown.

Remove from oven and fill center of ring with:

1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 medium tomato chopped
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives

If desired fill a small dish with sour cream and place in center. Serve while still warm.

These are surprisingly simple to make, and delightfully delicious!

26 comments:

  1. That sure looks yummy and seems rather simple! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta try this!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could that GET any easier???? Did a half-pound of hamburger feed all 5 of you? We've got 5 and I wonder if I'd need to make 2 rings. We would gobble that up in no time - what a GREAT recipe!! And by the way, we made the jalapeno bites last week and needless to say, they disappeared really quickly - SO good and very easy!! Have a good one ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a Pampered Chef recipe?
    That looks good and I plan to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought about putting lettuce and tomatoes in the middle. It looks so yummy that way! I went to a Pampered Chef party and the lady made this except she didn't make the meatballs like you did. She just fried up the hamburger like you would for tacos and then mixed the cheese in and then put it around the ring that way. I think it probably is more filling the way that you did it.

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks incredible - thanks for the recipe.
    Love,
    Kelly
    http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going first thing in the morning to get the crescent rolls...this will be supper tomorrow night...and best I make two...I expect they won't sit around long!!!! thanks for sharing...hugs from Ora in KY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm, it looks so good! I want something taco related now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy, I will have to try it. It's surprising what you can do with crescent rolls.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum can't wait to give it a try. We love mexican anything at our home :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Today must be "taco" day. Your recipe sounds and looks wonderful I can't wait to try it. We are having Taco Soup for dinner....WAHOO! :> )

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious....can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds wonderful...I love anything with a Mexican flavor! Thanks for sharing!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds wonderful...I love anything with a Mexican flavor! Thanks for sharing!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a Pampered Chef cookware fan - especially their stone bakeware which is still made in the USA last I looked. One of the hostesses made this and, like yours, it was very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks yummy and seems easy to make. Think I will add it to my menu for next week. Thanks for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks very good, thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun-looking dinner! I'll bet it's tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This recipe looks and sounds delicious. I will be giving this a try soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I finally made this!
    It turned out great!
    I didn't make meatballs, tho, but cooked the beef like I regularly would for tacos.

    http://easyaccessrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/07/taco-ring.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I make tacos or taco salad quite often for supper, but this is pretty looking as well as good to eat. I'll be sure to try this one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know this is from ever ago but assuming you still make taco ring--- I dont even make it into a meatball (more time!) we cook the meat, add the taco seasoning and mix up the with the cheese (while the meat is still warm making it all stick together) then we use a spoon and put the mixture on top of the ring _where you would put the meatball and go from there! NO meatball making!

    also to cut it we use a pizza cutter- easy as pie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.