Thursday, November 11, 2021

Last Night at the Kinsingers

     After a full day it was time to begin our supper preparations.
    Steven filled a bowl with potatoes and started peeling them while I dug out the two packs of chicken breasts from the refrigerator to use to make chicken tenders.
    I located my meat tenderizer hammer and started the tedious task of pounding the chicken to the desired thickness.
    It was a noisy job, which made our usual chatting while cooking pretty much impossible, so I was left with my thoughts as I focused on the task at hand.
    Thump, thump, went the hammer  - I'm so happy Kenneth, Paige and Baby T are coming over tonight.
    Thump, thump - I'm glad Chris shared this recipe for chicken tenders with me. Other than the tenderizing part it's one of the easiest and most delicious ways to have chicken breast.
    Thump, thump, thump - I can't wait to see Baby T again. He's growing up so fast! It's so much fun having a baby in my life. This whole being a Grandma thing is pretty great.
    Thump, thump - I should ask Paige tonight if she would mind if we gave Baby T a noisy toy for Christmas, or should we -                        
    CRASH!!!!
    


    All that thumping had caused the domed cake platter to vibrate its way forward and tumble off the raised corner part of our counter.
    Glass shards coated everything.
    The chicken had to be tossed.
    After a few moments of feeling discombobulated I tackled the cleanup, managing to cut myself in the process, and then came up with an entirely new menu for supper.
    In-spite of the start, we had a lovely evening. We ate. We played games. We talked and laughed. We got to dote on and play with Baby T. 
    


    So thankful for family and the simple joys of life.

8 comments:

  1. I love how real you are willing to be in front of us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful reminder that a mess or an unexpected accident doesn't have to ruin our evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Those things happen to all of us. I'm glad you still had a wonderful evening with your family.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is disappointing when you have to throw meat out, but to be safe it was the thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there at one time or another. Glass shards are not something to try to pick out of raw meat. Hope you'll share that recipe sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a lovely evening, despite the start to it. Hope you didn't cut yourself badly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.