1. The Hodgepodge lands on the last day of March...in ten words or lest bid the month adieu.
The highest of peaks and the lowest of lows ... good-bye.
2. March 31st is National Tater Day...your favorite way to have a potato? Given a choice would you opt for sweet, white, or red? How often are potatoes on your menu in one form or another? Ever been to Idaho? If not, is that a state you'd like to visit someday?
Potatoes have been appearing on our menu a little more regularly than they had for a while. At least once a week, sometimes more.
My favorite way to have regular potatoes is probably fried in my cast iron skillet the way my Mom used to make them. I hardly ever make them that way, but we all love when I do.
It's only been a year since I learned to really like sweet potatoes. I'll happily eat them anytime.
I have never been to Idaho, but hope to someday.
3. Last time someone or something 'rained on your parade'? Explain.
LV and I had a lovely getaway planned, but yesterday we received an invitation to a wedding for the weekend we had planned to be gone.
It felt like rain on our parade. However we can reschedule a getaway, while the wedding will only happen once. So wedding it is.
4. Put all your eggs in one basket, get cracking, nest egg, bad egg, good egg, egg on, have egg on your face, or walk on eggshells...choose a phrase from the list that applies to something in your life currently and tell us how or why.
Get cracking seems appropriate for my life. There are so many things I want to get done and self imposed deadlines I need to meet, that every morning I tell myself I need to get cracking. At the end of the day there's always the satisfaction of seeing what all I've accomplished, but the mountain ahead of me doesn't look much smaller, and so I continue to get cracking.
5. If I visited your home would I find a lot of baskets there? Something you like to keep in a basket?
No, you wouldn't find a lot of baskets. There's one in the bathroom closet that holds some toiletries, but that's the extent of baskets in our house.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow starts the month long April A-Z blogging challenge. Somehow I went ahead and signed up for it again this year.
I don't have a certain theme I'm going for this year. My notebook of ideas is about to spill over, so I'll simply choose a random topic every day.
I'm actually looking forward to getting back to blogging daily.