Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 1. The Hodgepodge lands on the last day of March...in ten words or lest bid the month adieu. 

The highest of peaks and the lowest of lows ... good-bye.

2. March 31st is National Tater Day...your favorite way to have a potato? Given a choice would you opt for sweet, white, or red? How often are potatoes on your menu in one form or another? Ever been to Idaho? If not, is that a state you'd like to visit someday?

Potatoes have been appearing on our menu a little more regularly than they had for a while. At least once a week, sometimes more.

My favorite way to have regular potatoes is probably fried in my cast iron skillet the way my Mom used to make them. I hardly ever make them that way, but we all love when I do.

It's only been a year since I learned to really like sweet potatoes. I'll happily eat them anytime.

I have never been to Idaho, but hope to someday.

3. Last time someone or something 'rained on your parade'? Explain. 

LV and I had a lovely getaway planned, but yesterday we received an invitation to a wedding for the weekend we had planned to be gone.

It felt like rain on our parade. However we can reschedule a getaway, while the wedding will only happen once. So wedding it is.

4. Put all your eggs in one basket, get cracking, nest egg, bad egg, good egg, egg on, have egg on your face, or walk on eggshells...choose a phrase from the list that applies to something in your life currently and tell us how or why.

Get cracking seems appropriate for my life. There are so many things I want to get done and self imposed deadlines I need to meet, that every morning I tell myself I need to get cracking. At the end of the day there's always the satisfaction of seeing what all I've accomplished, but the mountain ahead of me doesn't look much smaller, and so I continue to get cracking.

5. If I visited your home would I find a lot of baskets there? Something you like to keep in a basket? 

No, you wouldn't find a lot of baskets. There's one in the bathroom closet that holds some toiletries, but that's the extent of baskets in our house.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Tomorrow starts the month long April A-Z blogging challenge. Somehow I went ahead and signed up for it again this year.

I don't have a certain theme I'm going for this year. My notebook of ideas is about to spill over, so I'll simply choose a random topic every day.

I'm actually looking forward to getting back to blogging daily.

14 comments:

  1. Your potatoes sound delicious. Sorry about your getaway having to be rescheduled but at least it is to attend a happy occasion :)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hub's favorite potato dish was fried in an iron skillet with onions. I am glad to get back to blogging.
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you have to officially sign up for the A-Z thing. Can you tell me where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't get into trouble if you do the challenge without signing up. :)

      You can sign up here ...

      http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/2021/03/master-list-sign-up-atozchallenge-2021.html

      Delete
  4. How fun to get to go celebrate someones new beginning and still get to plan another weekend for a getaway.
    We like fried potatoes too, sprinkled with a little Lawry's seasoning salt. So good.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge sweet potatoes fan!
    A-Z Challenge? I'm interested!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll look forward to following along with your A-Z. I have a theme, but it's pretty broad so I can take it in whatever direction works on a given day. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum fried potatoes sound real good. That's a good attitude about switching your getaway. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting little tidbits of info. at my house potatoes in one form or another are on the menu a coupe of times a day. usually mashed, but french fries work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have an iron skillet but don't use it to often. I do like to cook my potatoes with onions. Fresh taste best, but we do have some frozen ones we use when we are in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually add onions to our fried potatoes as well. I find it enhances them nicely.

      Delete
  10. my mother used to cook potatoes in the skillet for Saturday night supper along with hamburgers. I don't know that I've ever cooked them that way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about having to reschedule your getaway, but glad it's for something nice like a wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.