1. When were you last a guest at an event or in someone's home? Tell us about it. Do you enjoy having guests in your own home?
Last summer we stayed at my sister-in-laws home. She's always a gracious and welcoming hostess. This time the circumstances of our visit weren't that pleasant, but she opened her home to us to stay the night before LV's mother's funeral.
I enjoy having guests in our home. It doesn't happen nearly as much as it did in our home while I was growing up though. It's one of those things that changed when we left the culture we grew up in.
2. What has you 'tied up in knots' currently or recently? Are you any good at tying actual knots?
There are a number of different things I could get tied up in knots about, but I'm choosing to not allow that happen. One of which is LV's upcoming doctor visit. We are rapidly approaching the one year anniversary of the explosion that had injured him, and the visit is simply to check on his progress. It should be uneventful, I keep telling myself.
I can tie several basic knots, but I'll probably be learning some new ones before long. Steven has a knot tying kit here, and he enjoys 'working' together to learn new things.
3. What's something you've been wanting to do and have decided 2021 will be the year you 'take the plunge'?
My list of things I would like to do is huge. The item I plucked from it to concentrate on in 2021 is having my next book published. Currently I'm exploring indie options, though all the self promotion scares me a bit. I'm not good at trying to promote something I sell, at all! It's why you hardly ever see me mentioning my book series.
4. Something in your home that's old? Something new? Something borrowed? Something blue?
Old ... We have an old family heirloom clock that has been handed down through generations. Currently it is wrapped up in the attic.
New ... a delightful teapot Rosie Mae gifted me for Christmas. It's still considered new, right? Even though I've been using it everyday since I got it.
Borrowed ... a box full of library books. We love books and I'm thankful we have a library to borrow books from. Currently we can't browse the shelves, thanks to Covid, but we're able to request books online and pick them up at their drive through window.
Blue ... the carpeting on the floor. May I just say I would never willingly choose to have carpeting in a house.
5. Share a favorite quote, a verse of scripture, and/or a bit of wisdom for couples getting married in this challenging and seemingly unpredictable season we're currently/still experiencing.
Look for things your spouse does 'right'.
I could delve into this quite a bit. I may come back to it later in another blog post. Maybe. Does 20+ years of being happily married qualify me to share things on marriage? I'm not sure. I still feel too young to give advice.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The sunrise this morning was absolutely beautiful. My camera didn't do the greatest job of capturing the beauty of it, but I was too cold to stand outside fiddling with the settings to try to improve it.