Monday, October 14, 2019

Challenges

     Something I have discovered about myself, is that I follow through on my want to do's a lot better if I present myself with a challenge.
     For example, I challenged myself to post a photo every day for a year on Instagram. I'm at day 188 of posting daily. Before that I would tell myself I want to post more, but didn't follow through.
     Example 2: When ever I do the April A-Z challenge I am able to blog every day, except Sundays. We all know that doesn't happen without a challenge like that.
     There are quite a few other examples as well. Knowing this about myself I have been preparing some more challenges I want to do.
      Then last week I picked a book up from the library, called: The Big Book of 30-Day Challenges. A few of the challenges, I can see myself attempting. Others though, amused me, but will not be attempted. Such as the 'rejection challenge', where the rules are to be rejected by one person per day for thirty days. They gave a handful of ideas to get you started on this particular challenge. It included knocking on a stranger's door and asking to play in their backyard.  I can't even imagine trying that one. Other than the definite rejection, I can only guess what other reactions might accompany their response to a request like that. None of which I would care to experience.
     I'm on to other challenges that fit my life more. I'll leave others such as the rejection challenge to braver souls than me.
     
    

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a challenge. I may need to look into something like that to keep me blogging.I also just sent you a friend request on Facebook,as I am more active there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it's easier to follow thru if you are working on a challenge. My posting became haphazard a few years ago. I wanted to be as consistent at possible so I challenged myself to a minimum of three days a week and that's when I started my Sunday, Monday and Friday posts. Now I've added a Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rejection challenge is so weird and wild! Challenges can really encourage us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rejection challenge sounds rather strange. I don't blame you for not wanting to attempt that one. I'd be interested in hearing about the challenges you do set yourself though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.