Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October Days

I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. ~ Anne Shirley

We've been thoroughly enjoying fall this year. The cooler temperatures, the lovely colored leaves, the nostalgic yet somehow eager atmosphere. What's not to love?

Kenneth, Rosie Mae, and I took a little day trip recently. The fall scenery was gorgeous and I got to thoroughly enjoy it from the passenger seat. (Still having to pinch myself occasionally that we have a child old enough to drive, and drives well enough that I can relax in the passenger seat even out on busy interstate highways!)


We stopped at a rest area along the way where Kenneth and Rosie Mae climbed up these stairs to enjoy the view from the top of the mountain, while I opted to not do the stairs and instead occupied myself with taking pictures of them and the various plant life growing beside the trail leading to the stairs.


We couldn't have asked for a prettier day for our little excursion, and we were able to make some lovely memories. That it happened to be October just added that sprinkle of perfection on an already fun outing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley i love Autumn too,lovely pics of a wonderful day ,thankyou for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your family is growing. happy autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.