Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. The best part of waking up is____________________________________.

That feeling of having an entire day ahead of me chock full of potential.

2.  Given a choice, which animal interaction would you most like to experience (or for those non-adventurers...which would you dislike the least?)- Swim with the dolphins at one of several locations in the Florida Keys, a lion encounter ten minutes from Victoria Falls (Africa), or a day at a remote base camp high in the Big Sur wilderness via the Ventana Wildlife Society helping track California condors?

Interacting with lions scares me. Spending an entire day tracking California condors makes me feel hot, tired and itchy just thinking about it. So I'm going with swimming with the dolphins.


3. What is something you fear about 'old age'? What is something you look forward to?

The thought of not being able to care for myself or possibly losing my memory scares me. I'm hoping I can be like my great-grandma who lived to the ripe old age of 106 and was spry and independent until just the very last weeks.

It's still a long way off, but I do look forward to hopefully having grandchildren when I'm old.

4. Hot sauce...are you a fan? If you answered yes, what's something you make/eat that must have hot sauce? On a scale of 1-10 how hot is too hot?

Not a fan of hot sauce. I like spices and flavorful food, but see no reason to burn off my tastebuds.

5. It's been said that children learn what they live. What do you think children learn at your house?

Love, patience, importance of family, and a healthy dose of hospitality.

6. What's your favorite movie with a number in it's title?

We don't watch a lot of movies so the only one that comes to mind is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I have no desire to watch it again though.

7. Saturday (August 16th) is National Tell a Joke Day...share one here.

I'll spare you from all the knock-knock jokes I hear on a daily basis, and instead share another one the children shared this morning.

What does a nosy pepper do?

Gets jalapeno business.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

This is what happens when Sunbeam sings along to something Buddy is watching.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...our family only lives into their 80's
    My mom is in her 80's now.
    I don't think any have lived into their 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last picture!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost went with Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I can sing those songs and probably recite the whole thing from memory. LOL It's a great movie! The women in our family live into their 90s, some over 100. I've never known any of the men to do that. I guess that's what happens when you have a family full of independent, opinionated women. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.