Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Summer is okay, I guess, though my least favorite of the four seasons.
As a child, summers were spent waiting to be able to go back to school. We had a lot of fun playing outside, but there was also a ton of work taking care of the garden and doing all the canning.
2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about?
I am not a fan of auto racing, never been to a race in person and so far have not been struck with the desire to do so. I'm not that interested in cars and pay no attention to the makes and models I see when I'm out and about.
3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?
I really dislike jokes about death, St. Peter, and life after death. Actually I cringe when hearing almost any type of joke that involves the faith I hold dear.
4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
I love lasagna! I have several great recipes, a vegetable lasagna from Taste of Home, meat lasagna from a source I don't remember, and a few other lasagna that I found on Pinterest. If given a choice between spaghetti and lasagna I will always choose lasagna!
5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
That time every evening when LV and I simply chat about our day.
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
Hershey's. I'm hoping the job would come with plenty of free chocolate.
7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
A hard month, glad it's finally over.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm busy wrapping up the final preparations for a new school year that we're planning to begin on Monday. We're all looking forward to it.