Wednesday, October 30, 2013
One of the trickiest things I have to deal with is successfully transferring Buddy to his crib after rocking him to sleep without having him wake up. It's next to impossible and there are many days when his naps occur on my lap only.
2. What's your treat of choice?
Chocolate if we're talking food. Reading an entire book without interruptions is always a treat for me since it happens so very rarely. I'm still in the "Mommy come! Mommy see! A wiggly worm. A red scraped knee. Painted pictures. Blocks piled high" .......... stage in my life so reading uninterrupted seldom happens.
3. Did you/will you carve a jack-o-lantern this month? Which real (living or dead) or fictional 'Jack' would you most like to meet in person? Why?
We don't carve jack-o-lanterns.
I can't think of a single real or fictional Jack I would like to meet. The only Jack that comes to mind is a "jack-in-the-box" I met him often when we visited my grandparents. I had a love / hate relationship with him. I loved cranking the handle, but hated how he always jumped out of the box at me.
4. In your opinion, what's the grossest sounding word in the English language?
Don't laugh at me, but the word sirloin makes me want to gag.
5. When did your heart last skip a beat?
When I accidently sent an email to the wrong person. It had been intended for LV. I think my heart skipped more than a single beat as I realized what had just happened.
6. Monster Mash by Bobby 'Boris' Picket, Michael Jackson's Thriller, Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon, or Ray Parker Jr.'s Ghostbusters...your favorite 'scary' tune?
I don't know any of those, and I really don't listen to scary music.
7. It was a dark and stormy night when______________________________.
I was nineteen, the youth were all at my Uncle Eli's house for our Sunday evening hymn sing when a tornado ripped through the area. Passing behind their house and totally destroying LV's brother's house.
It was dark and stormy for a while after that as we tried to pick our way home safely. Blocked roads, downed power lines, and constant lightning all added to the challenge and made it a night we will never forget.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
There are still a few days left to enter my giveaway.