The thought of handing the children a list of things that need to be done wasn't very appealing to me and with a little thought I happened upon an idea that works very well.
Here's an example of what a list looks like.
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Straighten rugs
- Stand on a chair and sing your favorite song
- Eat three grapes
- Make your bed
- Say something nice to your sister/brother
- Wash your nose
- Make sure there is nothing on couch besides the cushions
- Clean vanity
- Wash your hands
- Read a chapter in the book you are reading
- Dust livingroom furniture
- Draw a picture of a butterfly