Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Daybook June 15th

For Today... June 15th

Outside my window... There is a fog creeping in over the mountains. I'm hoping it doesn't stay very long but since this area is known for it's heavy fog that lasts for days on end I afraid that is wishful thinking.
I am thinking... that I need to try out a new recipe with the hamburger that is thawing for dinner tonight.
I am thankful... for our family and friends. They are what makes life sweet.
From the kitchen... An experiment with a new recipe, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and Cheesy Garlic Bites.
I am wearing... A comfy blouse and a not so comfy skirt. I really need to find some new ones.

I am creating... several different projects in hopes of opening my own Etsy store later this summer.

I am going... to the mall, have to get a few more supplies and of-course it's always fun to browse through the huge variety of things available.
I am reading... The Psalms, and Taste of Home's Hamburger cookbook. Reading the Walter Farley books to the children.
I am hoping... we will soon be able to see friends and church family that we left behind when we moved. That was the one big draw back to moving half way across the country.
I am hearing... Mama beef cows calling for their calves. Since the farmer moved them into the field right next to the house it can get quite musical around here.
Around the house... Things could use a little cleaning up. the kitchen is nice but my sewing area looks as if .... well as if I had been sewing.
One of my favorite things... Cold, sweet mountain water.
A few plans for the rest of the week.....Washing windows, and getting the house in tip top shape. Then planning a menu to serve when we have friends over for dinner on Friday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



What a difference a year makes.  We are so thankful that Sunbeam has made a full recovery. She doesn't even have a limp. We are so very grateful.

9 comments:

  1. yep, sunbeam has come a long way! good for her. i love girls that climb! keep climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for health and healing! That Sunbeam was able to make a full recovery is something I'm sure you will rejoice about for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your journal. When I read about the cows calling to theur calves it sent me back to the 60's when we lived on a little farm and had cows and calves.
    It was a good time.
    Thank God for his loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember how hard it was to climb over a wire fence. sometimes it was easier to crawl underneath the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very glad to see Sunshine playing and climbing outdoors again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blog you have! I stumbled upon it and have enjoyed reading about your family! Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad your sweet daughter has recovered from the accident. An Etsy store! How exciting! Can't wait to do some shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello I hope sincerely that the girl will get better I send you all my friendship
    Marylin and poussy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know the story behind this but I am thankful also that all is well. How sweet to see children playing outdoors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.