Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. What's one thing you learned at the ripe old age of whatever age you are now?

I just recently learned that Word has a feature where it will read back what ever you wrote. 

Steven especially loves using it. He's writing short stories, and now instead of asking us to read what he wrote, he will ask us to listen.

2. I read here a list of foods that can help you look younger - extra virgin olive oil, green tea, fatty fish, dark chocolate, vegetables, flaxseeds, pomegranates, avocados, tomatoes, spices, bone broth

How many of the foods listed have you tried? How many do you eat regularly? Your favorite from the list?

I have tried all those foods. The ones I use regularly are olive oil, vegetables, avocado, tomatoes, spices, and fatty fish such as salmon and tuna. I also love sardines, but the rest of the family doesn't, so I rarely ever have them. 

My favorite from the list is probably avocados, I could happily eat them at every meal. I really like vegetables as well.

3. Something you miss from the 'good old days'? When were the good old days anyway?

When were the good old days is a good question. Right now I miss the way things were last year. I miss seeing smiling faces when out and about.

Looking back further there are more things I miss, but I'm unsure if there has been that much of a change, or was I simply more innocent and naive in my Amish bubble?

4. What are two or three of the most rewarding things to be found in growing older?

One of the things I've found that I really like as I grow older, is how things no longer tend to embarrass me like they used to. Happening to send a drumstick flying across the kitchen in front of visitors as I unstick it from a pan is much more funny than embarrassing now.

5. What's your favorite part of your life right now?

My favorite part of life right now is being able to spend quality time with family. It's the best. Ask me again in 10 -20 -30 years from now and I'll probably still answer the same way.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

We find it to be annoying how the paved area in front of our multiple bay garage is often used as a pull over spot for those wishing to check their phones, allow someone to pass, turn around, change a toddler's stinky diaper, switch drivers, and more. This morning a big rig swooped off the road and parked.  His engine idling noisily as he sat there waiting. Maybe his ELD was making him take a 30 minute break?

Rosie Mae needed to leave for work and he was blocking her car. The longer she waited the more courage she got. Finally she announced, "Well, I'm going out to tell him he's got to leave, mush, skedaddle, hit the road, get out of my way."

She marched outside, but he stayed. Apparently she didn't scare him.

Sharon and I watched as she maneuvered her car with care, patience, and admirable skill into the yard and then out onto the road and was on her way.

I'm thinking about buying traffic cones to set along the front of our parking/drive/garage area. Or would that be rude?

13 comments:

  1. I don't think that would be rude. It is your private property. Maybe people don't realize it is an active driveway? I hope they take their stinky diapers away with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would put up a sign that says Private Driveway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Granny_J you need a private driveway sign.

      Delete
  3. That wouldn't be rude at all! Rude is the driver that wouldn't move when asked. I'm with the others...post it as private property. Giggling at the story of the drumstick. That is so something I would do. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not rude at all! I haven't heard the word skedaddle in a long time. It will be my word for the day. By the way... I've got to skeddadle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anybody is rude, it's the bozo who sat in your drive and refused to move! The other stuff? As long as they don't park there, I wouldn't get too upset about it. There are bigger problems. (And yes, take their smelly diapers with them; THAT'S rude!)

    I eat all of the things on the "stay young" list except green tea and bone broth. Bone broth is hard to come by in a vegetarian household, and I don't care for the taste of green tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, not rude at all. I would do it too. You cracked me up the the flying drumstick lol! Have a great afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It appears we have a unanimous verdict that it would not be rude and that a sign is called for. I think one of my most recent pet peeves is the overall sense of entitlement so many in our society feel at the expense of others. Now, the drumstick scene is a funny one. I am excited to share the voice option in Word with my husband who types out his SS lesson. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, get the cones asap! Using someone else's private property for whatever reason is not okay and must not become the norm. Parents should teach their children about that and more before they are old enough to drive.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All for the cones!! Using your property is rude and so disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another vote for putting up a Private Driveway sign. I see them all the time - No Turnaround is another one I see often. I enjoyed your post - I'll join you eating avocados at every meal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your answers to this week's questions. Also, I enjoy avacados too, though possibly not as much as you, since I wouldn't want them for every meal.

    I'm with everyone else: No. That wouldn't be rude. Buy the cones. People shouldn't be using part of your property as a pull-in spot, and if they do insist on doing so, they should at least have the decency to move when asked to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Granny J is right. Private drive sign. And I would add cones because it is your private property and that trucker was impolite blocking her exit.
    I have a visual in my mind now of the drumstick flying across the room and I can't stop giggling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.